Thursday, February 18, 2010

Artist - Margo Chase



Margo Chase is the owner and founder of Chase Design Group. Since the company first opened its doors in 1986, they have produced amazing work for highly successful companies like Starbucks Coffee, to super stars such as Madonna and Cher. If I ever had the opportunity to hand pick a company to work for, Chase Design Group would be the one. Not only because of the amazing talent and success, but because I think Margo’s personality is even deeper than her portfolio.

I think one of the major attractions of Margo is that her strengths are my weaknesses. What she can do free hand is amazing. She has an extensive background in calligraphy and typography. Most of her early work was done without a computer… just old school drawing on a piece of paper. That scares the crap out of me. It’s so easy to hit crtl + z on a computer and undo an idea that didn’t turn out.

Stylistically, some of my favorites are her gothic pieces. There are a few pics of her work below. She’s also know for other “gothic” logos such as “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Bram Stoker’s Dracula”.





No comments:

Post a Comment