Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Digital Dependence

Tonight in class I was somewhat down... depressed really. For the first time since the semester began I've realized my dependency on the computer for every piece of art/design I've done. Its not like I just realized this... I've thought about it throughout the semester, especially when watching others work on their projects. I just think tonight was the first time that thought has really sank in.

The depressing part isn't that I use the computer for art, but rather that it's the ONLY way I know how to create art. I'm not comfortable/competent with fine art mediums so I feel really self-conscious when trying to branch out. I know that sounds stupid -- I mean, how else am I going to learn -- I guess what I'm feeling is that I'm a kindergartener amongst a group of grade schoolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment